1. What is it?
Hulu is great but also terrible at the same time which is why I love to hate it. I remember when it started out it’s a simple service the watch stuff. First, it was free with no ads, then it added ads. Then paying to remove ads became an option. Now you have to pay to use Hulu and you get ads in the standard package. They even try to upsell for other packages and services.
Basically, Hulu is so damn expensive with an underwhelming library.
2. Can you download the Videos for Offline Viewing?
Yes, you can on the Hulu app. Here is a link with instructions
3. English Subbed or English Dubbed?
Hulu selection caters to both with an easy interface to switch from one to the other.
- Large anime selection including the most popular and recent shows.
- If you have Disney+ you can get this in one of the packages
- Ads are repetitive and numerous.
- Constant upsell for other packages.
- Requiring users to pay extra to watch certain anime.
- Canceling is egregious with Hulu prompting me several times to reconsider.
- The page that lists all the anime is infinite scroll only so you can not view all of the episodes loaded on one page.
- If you click to view an anime from that page and go back it will take to the top of the page instead of where you left off.
- It is very annoying.
- Almost no exclusives making getting this service for anime to be a complete waste of money.
- Almost no filters for finding anything even free services give you more filters than this.
- Good luck going through the whole catalog.
- While the library has some popular anime most of it is very underwhelming.
- The site does not handle switching between sub and dub anime.
- Instead of having each version of the anime shown separately or having a switch on the video player you instead get it by episode.
- This is really annoying because it just adds more things that you have to go through and increase the chance of clicking on the wrong anime.
- Only movies are marked by the language options
- Cannot view the entire anime library without subscribing.
- If both Sub and Dub are not available, it does not tell you on the main page that displays the anime if it is in English or Japanese.
- you have to literally have to view each one to find out
- At least once you view the page for the anime you will see the options.
6. My Take:
Hulu is only an option if you get it some package deal. The small number of exclusives indicate that you can watch the same anime somewhere else and in some cases for free. It’s an underwhelming library and poor navigation options make this one of the worse places to watch anime. Did I mention that you still get ads when you pay for the basic package? No other streaming site does this.
Link to Hulu’s Website